Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Chasing Dandelions

 


Chasing Dandelions:

Love, Grief, and the Commandments of Jesus


Human life is meant to be shared. We were designed to coexist with other humans, with God, and with animals. Christian doctrine and indigenous cultural beliefs teach us this. This shared life leads to fulfillment, enrichment and love. Unfortunately, it also leads to grief and despair when that life no longer exists in the same fashion.

Inevitably, we lose those that we love the most. For most of us, our pets are just as important and loved as any other member of the family. Grieving the loss of a pet is no easy task. 

When I lost my sweet girl Koda, I was distraught. I sought answers to questions that were mostly unanswerable. I wrote this book as I attempted to explain the meaning of our shared existence together, as well as the lessons that I've learned from living a life of love with her.

As I navigate the stages of grief, and grieving her loss, I wanted to share what I've experienced in regards to learning about the mysteries of life, love, grief and the commandments put forth by Jesus. By learning about how these are all intertwined, I hope to shed some light on retaining faith in the midst of tragedy.

I'm not a Biblical scholar - just a regular guy who's experienced heartache. I wanted to preserve Koda's memory and hopefully help someone else through this process. This book attempts to do so.

A portion of all proceeds will be donated to area animal shelters and hospitals in Koda's memory.





No comments:

Post a Comment

She Hears The Wind

      She Hears the Wind Step into a world where the wind speaks in verses, and emotions dance with the leaves. "She Hears the Wind&qu...